If you’re like many residents, you are looking for your property to be secure at all times. but, will a home security system work in Bellingham?
The easy answer: you bet. But, how do you find the most benefits from your alarm system? Not only will the alarms and sensors provide excellent protection, the advanced equipment offer a level of efficiency and control you could not have thought about previously. By using automation, security cameras, and access through a smartphone app, you can create a guarded home that’s truly accessible.
Let's pause a second and see why a home security system is a good idea for your house.
Indispensable Security Features
To make sure your Bellingham home security system works to the best of its ability, you’ll want these indispensable security components:
- Window and door sensors: You may find this surprising, but plenty of intruders come into your home by your front door. The other two most common targets are back doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, window and door sensors are considered the base of your security system. When the system is armed and your door sensors are tripped, the jarring, high-decibel siren will sound and your 24-hour monitoring experts will be notified.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Don’t look for unresponsive number pads, as state-of-the-art touch screens now run your entire system. These hubs will also direct your automation, cameras, and monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The topmost security system let you control every part of your home security through your security app. Now if device triggers, you can receive a pop-up text to your mobile device. Also, disarm and arm your alarms anywhere, schedule your smart locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Home security yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window sticker, they will alert a potential intruder that your home is secure.
But Will A Alarm System Lower Your Likelihood Of A Break-In?
While it could seem like an overreaction to install sensors and set-up an app on a smartphone when you already use door locks and live in a nice town, expert studies support the notion that a security system will still secure your property. For example, a report from Rutger University sees that many thieves will actively avoid homes with an alarm system installed. Instead they’ll opt to hit a faster home that looks unprotected.
That meshes with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized houses do not use a home security system. In other words, they are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that are secured. And while just displaying that your home has a system helps prevent break-ins, other components -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also make your home uninviting to intruders.
Of course, state-of-the-art home security systems can perform more than buzz an alarm. Nowadays you have some needed services that make a home security safer and energy efficient.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup To Your Alarms
Does a alarm system work in Bellingham when they don’t have round-the-clock monitoring? Having a outside experts is always the winning bet and 24/7 monitoring from security professionals can make certain the authorities arrive to the scene faster after a triggered alarm.
Monitoring agents will protect you no matter what time it is -- whether you are in the house or not. If you’re don’t hear your system going off, they’ll contact you and the emergency agency after a triggered alarm event. Even if you’re still at home, you will be busy making sure family and pets are all wrangled up.
Use The Same Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Medical
When you get your home security, you can install much more than motion detectors. devices like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be added to your complete set-up. If an environmental emergency is detected, your sensors will respond just like your home security alarms. And when the high-decibel bell rings, your 24/7 monitoring team are contacted, and a text will be sent to your smartphone.
You can even order a panic button, which is effortlessly pinned to you or a loved one through a neck pendant, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If you have a fall emergency or a medical risk, they can just hit a two-finger button to notify emergency services.
Add Safety, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Today’s home automation devices can bring you a level of control and comfort you’ve never got before. They will make your home more efficient and responsive. And when you connect smart devices to your home security system, they will also make your home that much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lights to make it appear like your home is occupied when you’re at work.
- Have your indoor smart lighting turn on whenever a security camera detects sudden motion.
- Use geofencing to bolt your doors, flip off your smart lights, and lower the temperature when you go to work.
- Make personalized scenes so you can pre-set your lights, thermostat, alarms, and other components with one tap of a button.
- Or just check up all your components and control your alarms and cameras with your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve with smart devices, and you’ll realize how much you will want a modern home security in Bellingham. You can even manage your components with vocal commands when you pair your security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your Home With Smart Cameras
Signs, decals, and outside lights are effective burglary deterrents, but security cameras can take your protection to a higher plane. The furthest thing a thief wants is to be taped on a security camera as the clip might be used against them in a criminal investigation. You can pick from indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to check out the noise you heard in the yard? Would you like to greet the kids after school? Has the package been delivered yet? All you need is to pull up the clip from your mobile app. You may also get notifications on your phone whenever a delivery person rings the doorbell or they detects sudden motion. You can then chat with guests with the two-way talk feature on the app.
How To Get A Security System In Bellingham?
Are you looking for help in customizing a home security that works in Bellingham? Our security professionals will help you choose the perfect alarms, automation, and cameras that can be used into one comprehensive plan. Contact us directly at (360) 205-2750 or complete the form below.