The latest residential security solutions have become more capable every year. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to perform simple security chores like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these tasks ever again? With geofencing in Bellingham, you can simply drive off to work and have your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Bellingham For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your residence, which you can customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to share information with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by putting all devices onto the same network. You can institute specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and assign what actions you want to take place if you move beyond the specified border.
For example, when you pull away from your premises, you can set your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can alert your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the technologies you may control with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Bellingham. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: program your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Direct various lights to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices engage when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to activate the fan if the fire alarm trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system senses strange movements outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Have your smart bulbs lower, the A/C go down, and the locks bolt at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Bellingham
Whether you seek additional certainty of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (360) 205-2750 or send in the form on this page to begin customizing your ideal security system.