How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Bellingham
Security cameras can easily be used as a warning—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, modern security cameras are equipped with an array of features all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these features enable you to have the most from video surveillance in Bellingham.
How To Set Up Your Bellingham Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to upgrading your video surveillance is placing the components in the proper places around your living space. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common spots such as the living room or family room. It’s also a good move to install a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to move around to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear scene of your front door, driveway, front and patio, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places around your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Secrecy for you and your family should be a major regard before placing a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you want a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the first step in utilizing the most out of home security cameras in Bellingham. The additions shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your phone the instant abnormal movement is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin capturing footage when movements are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to film and back up clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with people with the camera. Through your security app, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, provides a more comprehensive view of an area. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to guard single spots within your home.. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to inform you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant texts when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Bellingham is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (360) 205-2750 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your security system today.