How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Bellingham
You understand you need to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it’s the spot where your family lives and is where you have all of your possessions. But what is the right form of home protection? Whether or not to get 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading decisions you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Bellingham and see what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home security system connects to an external monitoring organization that is prepared to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. When a door sensor triggers or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring specialists receive a prompt warning. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and contact the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional support. You might think of this option as self-monitored, which means that if an alarm sounds, you have to take action to get it resolved. This option is the cheaper solution, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Bellingham
Here’s a quick look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system in place is always wise. If you are away from home, not awake, or without access to your cell phone, your property and those inside will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll reply faster to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems may qualify you for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: When you receive hardware, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security provider, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be superior to what you will discover on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Numerous individuals prefer to have work completed by skilled technicians, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This stipulation will be acceptable for most as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Bellingham
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: DIYers might think of this as a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an installation charge. Other residents may wish to use a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can install equipment when you wish - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you may find incorporating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you don’t have your smartphone and don’t see a security notification? This circumstance equates to more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want assistance during the installation, you may have to pay for someone else. The installation process is also likely to take much longer.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Bellingham
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Bellingham from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the best option for you. Contact (360) 205-2750 today to get started.